Improve Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary
This app is designed for students of our Premium Members. Visit ourwebsite to sign up today.
More About VocabularySpellingCity
VocabularySpellingCity is a research-proven tool that helpsteachers and parents meet the challenge of providing meaningful,intentional, and extended vocabulary practice for students whileimproving fluency and retention.
Parents, schools and districts across the country and the worldcontinue to use VocabularySpellingCity to improve vocabularyretention and reading comprehension.
With 35+ interactive word games and thousands of pre-made wordlists, our app helps build literacy skills in a fun and engagingway!
With each game, students can see, hear, speak, write, break down,and play with words including high frequency words, developmentalspelling words, and vocabulary. This helps students strengthentheir literacy skills in an effective and long-lasting way.
*Access to the full features of this app is limited toVocabularySpellingCity Premium Members. To go Premium, visit ourwebsite: www.spellingcity.com
Keeping up, catching up, or getting ahead in vocabulary retentionand comprehension can be fun and easy! Rather than memorizingflashcards or reading textbooks, our specially designed games offera wide variety of interactive ways to improve literacyskills.
STUDENTS catch up, keep up, and stay ahead on your literacy skillsat school, at home, or on-the-go.
PARENTS help kids develop effective reading skills, which are keyfor success in school (and in life)!
TEACHERS help students continue their learning and review materialin or out of the classroom.
The 35+ interactive games and activities let students learn andretain words more effectively through:
• The games provide diverse and repeated opportunities to encounternew words, greatly aiding in retention.
• With voice recordings, interactive sound boxes, animations,syllable activities and contextual sentences, these games create arich learning experience for students.
• Students can create and save review lists and pair them withdifferent games for continued repeated practice for greaterretention.
• Our ready-made word lists support literature, academicvocabulary, content area vocabulary, and informational texts fromthe CCSS. Studying with these targeted lists can improve studentperformance across all aspects of their academic career.
• Our self-testing activities give students this opportunity, whilealso helping them identify gaps in their knowledge, so that theycan prepare for school evaluations and be sure to master thematerial.
• 9 free spelling, vocabulary, reading and phonics games
• Pre-made and customized word lists
• 35+ games with a Premium Membership
• Automatic tracking and progress reports with a PremiumMembership
When you go Premium, you gain access to all 35+ vocabulary,spelling, phonics and writing activities, as well as studentrecords and assignments. Visit our website, atwww.spellingcity.com, to learn more.
Since our founding in 2008, we have received numerous awards forour website and app, including the 2017 and 2016 SIIA CODiE awardin the “Best Game-Based Curriculum Solution” category. We have alsoranked among Homeschool.com’s Top 100 Educational Websites everyyear since 2009.http://bestplaybookapps.org/download/19136/com.spellingcity.VocabularySpellingCity